Bee Pollen is a grains of flower pollen gathered by bees while pollinating plants. This superfood is packed with vitamins, minerals, proteins, lipids, enzymes, carotenoids and bioflavonoids. Bee Pollen is an immune booster, energy stimulator and helpful towards relieving seasonal allergies. It has a bitter-sweet flavour and can be complemented with a spoon of honey.
Bee Pollen health benefits:
- Immunity support*
- Healthy glowing skin*
- Good vision*
- Muscle mass growth**
- Healthy bones**
How to take: Start with half a teaspoon for a week, and work your way up to 1-2 tablespoons per day.
A spoonful of Bee Pollen at breakfast can be added to your favourite granola, cereals or sprinkled on yoghurt with fresh fruits. If you like juicing or smoothies a teaspoon of bee pollen can be added to your healthy drink.
Tasting notes: Mildly sweet & Floral
- high in protein
- high in fibre
- high in vitamin A
- high in vitamin E
- kosher certified
- ethically collected
- crafted in small batches by hand
- raw and natural
- pesticides and chemicals free
- suitable for vegetarians
Store in a dry, cool and dark place. Refrigeration not recommended.
Honey should not be given to infants under 12 months of age.
* Vitamin A & E contributes to the normal function of the immune system, maintenance of normal skin, maintenance of normal vision.
** Protein contributes to a growth in muscle mass and the maintenance of normal bones.
- Raw Bee Pollen
Typical Values per 100g:
- Energy 1639kJ / 389kcal.
- Fat <9.1g of which saturates <3.05g.
- Carbohydrate 51.98g of which sugars 44.4g.
- Fibre <8.2g.
- Protein 20.9g.
- Salt <0.025g.
- Vitamin A 377μg (47%RI*).
- Vitamin E 11.3mg (94%RI*).
- * Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)